Thursday, May 8, 2014

May08Art

Well this is my first gouache journal entry/painting… it took longer for me to do than using watercolors usually takes me.  I wasn't sure how it would behave and I don't have a palette yet so I'm using a small porcelain cup like thing I've had for ages (searched for my flower porcelain palette but couldn't find it), so I could only do one color mixture at a time.  The blue sky was first, ultramarine blue plus a touch of titanium white, and mostly white for the clouds in the mirror and a bit less white in the clouds in the distance, I let this dry completely.  I then used Paynes Gray and white for the car's mirror, and again set this aside to dry, and again washed my little dish (a waste of paint no doubt about it).  Finally, Prussian blue mixed with Hansa Yellow to create green for the rest of the painting.  I'm probably going to revisit this page and add the dots of color I used.

4 comments:

  1. Clever idea! Nice but a challenge to use different medium. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time I finish this sketchbook I'm hoping to have it figured out… that's the plan anyway.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rendering! Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pamo I only have 8 colors, but I'm planning to order more… must have MORE COLOR… lol.

    ReplyDelete