Saturday, May 3, 2014

May03Art


Today's EDiM sketch was an umbrella… did this one with paint brush only, no pencil or ink drawing first. For a simple shape I can do it… Journaling about our Charleston Urban Sketchers get together today at the waterfront park in downtown Charleston.  It was a lot of fun and a great success, thanks to Anne B. for organizing it and setting up a Flickr group and Facebook page.  I do hope she shares the pictures she took, my camera died at the start of the meeting, I was so disappointed not to get photos of the day. I did create an Ipernity group for the Charleston USK, as a prefer that to Flickr http://www.ipernity.com/group/uskchs

This was my feeble attempt at the Pineapple fountain… I'm going to dub this a warm up sketch… and move on to the rest of my sketches….

My idea was to get to a shady spot that I could see and sketch the bridge from… no such location was found, and the Italian Ice girl, in her shorty shorts caught my eye… so I did a sketch with 3 people for the very first time… yikes.

Found a great place to sit, with a wall I could lay my book on… this is my favorite sketch of the day… a palmetto tree, sailboat leaving the harbor.  The group got together and shared our sketches and we're hoping to make this a monthly get together this Summer.

Wish I'd gotten everyone's name written down, the young lady on the left in the orange sweater, her name starts with a 'B'… that's all I remember, next to her in the blue shirt is Anne B. (she organized the meeting), the gentle next to her is Bill W. from Mt. Pleasant, next to him… ME, behind me is Linda V., lady in the sunglasses name starts with an 'S' I think, and the lady next to her I never caught her name at all.  I know Anne collected names and email addresses, so maybe she can fill in the gaps on my new friends names.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have a group to sketch with. I hope it works out for the summer and longer. USK Chicago has a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do hope so Barbara, it was a lot of fun. So interesting to see all the different sketches at the end of the day. We have such a beautiful city, with great weather too the perfect place for sketchers to gather.

    ReplyDelete