Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan12Art

I drew the elephant with Lexington Grey ink, and used a tombow grey marker to color him.  The marker ended up streaky and looked awful… so I took my mister spray bottle and did one spritz of water… and BAM the marker ran every which way, I jerked up the journal, frantically dug for my terry towel to collect the grey ink running off the page in 2 directions.  In addition the page immediately started to curl up from the water… found a binder clip to secure it flat and left for my committee meeting. Now that it's dry, I kinda like it, found the 'elephant' quote and call this page done.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Elaine. I really like your little paintings you do. I went back to Fineline Markers for inking my comics because I got fed up with the many times I've had ink splotches or smears from using india ink & a nib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a lot of admiration for comic artists, it is way harder to do than most people think. I've tried a dip pen, but prefer fountain pens for the same reason you use fine line markers… GMTA

    ReplyDelete