Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sep08Art

Another day, another pallet... what is the correct spelling anyway... pallet or palette ? This page obviously gave me fits, first I miss counted the row of 6 half pans and drew 7.. then when I started writing in the color names I skipped Cadmium Yellow? Why? I don't know, but I didn't figure it out till I got to the end of the row... and that's also when I noticed I drew 7 boxes instead of six.. Anyway.. here is the Schmincke pallet I got from wet paint, I removed the tray that was supposed to hold the half pans (too heavy), I also removed the flap mixing area... now it is much lighter. I added a few full size pans with some of my favorite can't live without colors like Daniel Smith's New Gamboge, and Schmincke's Brown Madder and their Translucent Orange... the yummiest color ever why it wasn't included in the box of 12 I do not know. Also added Daniel Smith's Cobalt Teal and Holbein's Marine Blue, Verditer Blue, and Mineral Violet. Still room in this box for more colors, but I'm out of empty pans... but I'm not out of pallets.. Is there a support group for watercolor artists that have too many paint boxes... and then there's the brushes...

No comments:

Post a Comment