Monday, December 31, 2012

Dec31Art


Happy New Year to all my artistic friends...
This turned about ok... I wasn't sure it would.  First I put some wet colors, yellow, transparent orange, alizarin crimson on the page and allowed that to dry.  Got out my circle templates and my 'drawing gum' mask and painted the star bursts, big circles and small with some over lapping each other... then just added some dots (may have gotten too many of those)... allowed the masking to dry.  Mixed up a puddle of Mineral Violet, Prussian Blue, French Ultramarine Blue, and  Marine blue... using a flat 2" brush... added a mix of those colors over it all...  this did not get as dark as I'd hoped for.. maybe too much water... anyway... let that dry and finally removed the mask... voila... FIREWORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment