Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Dec12Art


Unique date today, 12-12-12... nobody alive today will see the next such date 01-01-01 in 2101... This is the last page in this Hand*book watercolor journal.  I'll start another one tomorrow (I got them on sale at Cheap Joe's this Fall).
I didn't do many two page spreads in this book, but I did enjoy the landscape format after I got used to it.... I'm going to try to do more two page spreads in the next one. That could even be one of my New Year's resolutions LOL.
Hard to believe I've filled up 18 sketchbooks with daily drawings... starting this one on lucky 13 :-)

For this value chart I mixed a single color in as strong as I could... that mix went into the left square, then for each square to the right I added 3 squirts from my small water spray bottle, and painted the square.  The paper was dry and I used a synthetic 1" brush (DaVinci 20) clean and damp to start, and no water added to the brush only to the paint.  I was hoping doing this would give consistent results... however, it did not work 'that' well, because the starting puddles were not of a consistent size... thus the addition of the water which stayed the same didn't give the same result value wise. .. but all in all it was a fun chart to do and if I did it again I think I could solve some of the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment