Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jan01Art 2013


Well I've already done badly on the junk food deal... but how can you watch football without a few chips and dips and a beer to wash um down.  Tomorrow I'll cut back on the junk food.
Haven't added paint to paper yet but I have started a new painting... it takes me forever to do each step, but last weekend I enlarged my photos and printed them in black and white then found my tracing paper (which somebody spilled wine on... so I need a new tracing paper pad).  Decided the photo was too small, so back to photoshop.  Getting the image on the tracing paper took 2 days.  So today I got my light box out and discovered that the pencil lines on the tracing paper were too light so show up thru 300 lbs watercolor paper.  Got out some Microns and inked in the lines, and colored in the things I wanted to mask... nice and black.  That showed up so I transferred the image to the watercolor paper.  Got out the drawing gum mask and masked out all the places needed.  Next step is on hold because a color I need (this is a NEED not a want) is on order and has not arrived yet.  So this painting goes on the stack of started but not finished paintings...
A short term goal for this month, is to FINISH the other two paintings in the stack, even if I hate them... I need the boards they are taped to, and it's time to finish them or throw them out.
A good day for SC teams at bowl games, Clemson won as did SC... in spite of the officials and the announcers who were doing their best to help Michigan win it.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to pop in to tell you how much I appreciate your posting your drawing/painting activites so regularly. I've been going in fits and starts and hope to make this year much more arty......starting with a sketch a day, even if its a 5 minute deal that turns out awful!
    I follow your blog every day, you just inspire me to do better....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Susie, that is the nicest think anybody has said to me today. You always have the option to not publish your bad stuff... I mess up pages all the time, sometimes I post them anyway, but sometimes I don't. They all stay in the book... it's a record of my journey in art... it'll be yours too... so don't tear the pages out... keep them... in a couple of years they will bring a smile and you'll be proud of how much better you are now, than then.

    ReplyDelete