Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June03Art

Some days, nothing goes well.  I would have said nothing goes according to plan, but I had no plan. This page started out as an ink drawing of a T-Rex head… it was so bad, I decided to try out that jar of Gesso I bought.  What I had heard about gesso, is indeed true you can cover up an ink drawing with it.  So now I have the while blob in the middle of my gray page… so I sketched an egret, I see a lot of egrets around here and have drawn them often enough to do a reasonable outline from memory… I then added intense pencils to the page.  When I use them NOT over gesso, they don't streak.. as you can see especially over the bird's tail it streaked. Lessons learned… turn the page, tomorrow will bring new things to learn no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment