Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bike Week 2014

What an experience Bike Week was, so much fun, so many things to see and do.  Staying in Linda's lovely home, with golfers on the tee behind her house, and a community hot tub and heated pools that made the end of the day a delight.   I did not draw anything on the bike, and at the end of the day was too tired to do much, so I drew a bit in the mornings, picked one of Linda's flowers one day, and stood in the yard to draw the palm trees and the lava rock out of bounds area.  Below are my pages as well as some of the photos I took last week.
                       


Ron at the Florida Welcome Center on Wednesday afternoon.




Me holding Beau 

Ron walking back from the trike

Ron holding Beau                     

Photo of Main Street Daytona as we rode
Bikes on Main St Daytona


Beau riding in style

A view of one parking lot at 'Destination Daytona'


Bikes, bikes everywhere


Ron and I at the Manatee statue… we saw lots of them, but none of my photos of them turned out :-(

Ron and our friend Linda who took us in and was a fabulous hostess for our trip.

Linda took us way down the road to a hole in the wall fish place called 'The North Turn', when the Daytona car races were held on the beach, this is the place where they turned and headed back North.  Great food and a place we'd never have found without Linda to take us there.  That tiny dot over our heads was the full moon that we got to watch rise over the horizon as the sun set.  A perfect end to a perfect vacation.



2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE all the photos and your journal pages! Beau is such a doll and it looks like you guys had a total blast.
    Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took tons of pictures… but only posted a few here and on Facebook. It was an experience I will never forget. I hope Linda will have us again so we can do it next year.

    ReplyDelete