Sunday, April 28, 2013

Apr28Art

I LOVE Quentin Blake's drawings... I kinda copied these birds from a screen saver he has on his website to download for free.  There are great videos on there too, very interesting to see him draw and paint.  Amazing set up he has for his watercolors, looks like a very large board with full size pans glued to it, with the color name labeled beside the pans of color.  He uses little strips of watercolor paper to check his mixes... and keeps his water in a coffee mug.

3 comments:

  1. I always learn new stuff from you Elaine! I don't know who Quentin Blake is- but I will look him up. Your bird drawings are whimsical and delightful- I just love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elaine! I just Googled him and I'm so glad you turned me on to him!!! What a treasure. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh glad you found his website... do watch his video... it is amazing watching him draw.

    ReplyDelete