Saturday, April 13, 2013

Apr13Art


Got a new LAMY JOY calligraphy pen from Goulet pens today... I'll use up the blue cartridge that came in the pen before using the converter to load bottled ink.  I'm trying to teach myself Calligraphy... I can do an E, F, and T so far... anyway I like this new pen and the size on the nib is perfect for my learning.
I must wax poetic about the other pen... about 6 months or so ago I ordered a large bottle of Noodler's Lexington Gray ink and with that ink I got a free fountain pen.  I also bought an Noodler's Ahad I think it was... but I fell in LOVE with that free pen... in fact every journal page I've done over the last 6 months that little free pen is the pen I've used... well a couple of weeks ago I cracked the pen cover (didn't break completely) so that the pen cover wouldn't snap on and stay closed... well you can't have an uncapped fountain pen full of ink bouncing around in your purse... it gets really ugly really quick.  I made a temporary fix with some tape to make the cap fit a little tighter... but I knew I needed to find out what this mystery free pen was... to buy another or find a cap to fit it... well NONE of the pens I have  (and I have lots of fountain pens) had a cap that fit... so I went to the Goulet pen site (which is where I got the pen) and there, watching a video I discovered the NAME OF THE free pen... a Platinum Preppy... and amazing discovery that this pen I LOVE is less that $5... so I bought a Medium pen... it arrived today... and as you can see the medium isn't exactly the same as my favorite... but it's cap fits perfectly... so I'll be placing another order for these cheap pens to replace the cap on my favorite pen.  For you that don't use fountain pens... once you use one for a while it becomes YOUR PEN... the nib wears based on how YOU write... and is as individual as your finger prints... so my favorite pen will get a new cap...  and that's the saga of my free pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment