Thursday, April 18, 2013

Apr18Art


This page was painted last night with Daniel Smith's Cobalt Teal... a wet wash that challenged this 90 lbs paper I'm afraid.  Painting over the blue was interesting, I thought about getting out my gouache but lazy took over and I pressed on with my regular watercolor.  Drawing on the pre painted paper had an odd feel to it, and it seemed to make the ink pen skip and not lay down a nice line like it does on un-painted paper.
It was an interesting exercise, not sure its a technique i'll be using much... set in my ways already YIKES!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Elaine! So glad I found your blog! Good job with it! Will enjoy seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen...
    Glad you found me too... I've really been enjoying your watercolor tips all April.

    ReplyDelete