Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My first blog award for 2009

My blogging buddy Rita has given me my first award this year. Thanks so much Rita... you are a sweetheart indeed.

Proximidade is described as follows:
'This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!'

The rules are: This blog award should be sent to your favorite eight bloggers and they, in turn should forward to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade (above) in your announcement blog.

So, now I've got to pass this award to 8 wonderful people, and I choose:

Anita
Angela
Maggie
Winna
Barbara
Rachael
Kathleen
kazumiwannabe

5 comments:

  1. I'm flabbergasted (sp?) and honored to be on your list of eight. We should all do lunch together every month---but that's not possible I would imagine--just thinking of it makes me smile. Thank you very much ! Winna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine!!!! THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I'll proudly post it tonight, I've got another to post too....I've been so honored this month!!!! Most of the time I just rattle along on my blog thinking that no one really reads most of my posts, and that they are probably boring to most! LOL So this is happy news!
    You definately deserved yours so congrats!!!! And Kudos to your blog! I always love seeing what you post....I love your little pics with what you did and the weather on them! Hey I'm *crossing my fingers* going to finally try to get to NC this year for vacation with my daughter to show here where she was born...we'll take a drive down to see you if/WHEN we do...I sure hope I can swing the trip this year! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Elaine, what an honour!
    Lunch?....Now wouldn't that be nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! I'm very touched, and honored, and a bit impressed - these are nice words, I hope I'll live up to them... You certainly do! I'll put the award on my blog and pass it on as soon as I can - thank you again : )!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and I'm so honored - I do so enjoy my internet time with all my blogger friends and value your friendship as well - I never understood how people could meet on the internet but I now know how nice on line friendships can be Winna can't we just all meet in the middle somewhere?

    ReplyDelete