Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Apr29Art

Did this page inspired by the next lesson in Draw your Words.  It my first mixed media page.  I don't know if you can see them, but step one I cut out umbrellas from some origami papers I had and glue them down on the page.  I let them dry then used some colorbox ink (a pink thru purple mix of colors), and drug those around the page.  Found a quote about rain (which is what it did all day here), used a water soluble  graphite pencil to layout the letters, then used an extra fine Sharpie to outline the block and script lettering.  Finally I added some ink then pencil around the word Rain, the idea to make that word pop, not sure that worked.  This was fun but very time consuming, doing a drawing and adding a bit of watercolor usually takes me less that 30 minutes, so that appeals to my lazy side (or I'm busy and need a break side).

2 comments: