Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Nov26Art

The 'pink' around the clouds is a red paint droplet from my juicy watercolor yesterday.  I tried to get the cloud white with gouache but it didn't quite do the job.  I've neglected my Lamy Safari fountain pen for a while now…. so I cleaned it today, running clean water thru it, letting it soak until all the ink was gone…. but… it isn't working well still, see the test marks on the bottom of the page.  I've been working with it on and off all day drawing lines and swirls, fast and slow, pressing hard not pressing hard… it just isn't feeding the ink as well as my cheap Preppy pens and definitely not feeding as smoothly as my Pilot Falcon pen… so sadly it will languish at the bottom of my pen case full of pens I don't use any more.

2 comments:

  1. Tune your nib. Use a smoothing film on the nib and make sure the gap between the tines is even and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoothing film? I'm not sure what that is… I can check the gap between the tines though. Thanks for the tip Stan.

    ReplyDelete