Sunday, November 2, 2014

Nov02Art

Not a cloud in the sky today to use as a model.  This post isn't about real clouds anyway, it's about those technical clouds.  That cloud my iPad keeps wanting the password for (and I cancel instead), or the Cloud my Mac wants to save anything I download from the internet to, and I change it to save to my hard drive.  You see I have a confession to make, I don't understand clouds, and since I don't understand them, I don't trust them either.  What exactly is a cloud anyway?  Is it some server in Thailand that will store all my data?  Will I get a bill for storage someday?  Will the cloud rain if I don't pay up and lose all my data?  Is it better than the backup drive I already have. I saw an ad for a 'personal' cloud, looked a lot like an external drive to me… hum?  Do you use the cloud?  Do you understand the cloud?  Do you trust clouds? Do you have a personal cloud?

No comments:

Post a Comment