Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Oct21Art

Colored pencils are not my cup of tea, but I'm trying to learn how to use them.  I only have one green pencil, and it isn't really a good green for an olive, but I soldiered on as best I could with it.  Ron is usually very supportive of my efforts but looking at this from across the room (before I put the title on it), he said 'What is that?'… after I looked all hurt because he didn't know it was olives he said it just needed a bit more work LOL.  I think I need more colors, what say you artist blogging buddies?

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if a quick wash of a dark blue watercolor would do the trick? Or blue or purplish color pencil. Try it on a scrap paper first.

    I think Ron was just distracted by the pimentos.

    For the record, they look like olives to me. (Although the big word OLIVES helps so much that I can't be suire I can trust myself!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Dan, I added that big title to help people SEE what they were, I do that a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete