Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oct18Art

We took the Harley Trike to Georgetown this morning, lovely cool Fall morning.  Lots of ragweed (aka Golden rod) along with Black eyed Susans growing wild on the sides of the road in the Francis Marion National Forrest.  I did get some great pictures while at the show, and not just of boats, but some of the lovely homes in the area, as well as a very rare Lemon Dalmatian.  The boat building 'Goat Island' challenge was in full swing by the time we got there and the crowds were much bigger than last year.  We did get there in time for a t-shirt and actually bought a nautical light fixture for our porch. Could not ask for a more perfect day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the insight into the flowers wild in your part of the world. Enjoy your fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no botanist, but I do enjoy wild flowers. I've been told that ragweed and golden rod are NOT the same thing (but I'm not so sure about that LOL).

    ReplyDelete