Saturday, October 4, 2014

Oct04Art



The James Richard's workshop was really wonderful, I learned some things and had fun.  The mind was willing, but the body not so much… the workshop wore me out, my M/S saps my energy and Urban Sketchers seems to think walking several blocks to the next location is no big deal (and for everyone else it wasn't).  I had to skip the afternoon sketchcrawl, and headed to the motel for a nap while waiting for my husband to join me.  There were plenty of artists in the city today, a trumpet player, a parade, a woman weaving roses, someone doing origami dragon flies, a man playing a saxophone… and a group of people drawing in books.  The weather was fine and bright, couldn't ask for a nicer day.

This was the first 'warm up' sketch James had us do, after talking us thru his hand outs.

 This was the sketch I did of the City Market, tried to add people and simplify the busy complicated scene… the pencil lines were added by James, he thought I needed more people.  He did say, when you draw a wonky looking person, draw several more around that one and the crowd will mask the wonkiness… hum.

Walked to the next square, here I sat next to Darror, she was very nice and pretty much sat still weaving roses.  We enjoyed the trumpet player and chatted a bit, she gave me one of the roses she was weaving. 

Didn't scan well but I can't find my camera so it'll have to do.
  

This was my final sketch in Johnson Square, so I managed 3, the weaver, the trumpet player and this tree covered in some sort of growth… not moss, thicker and greener than moss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment