Saturday, July 19, 2014

July19Art

Raining again today… ugh..  we picked up some free maps at the Neal's Gap store yesterday and decided to try the Cherohala Skyway loop, skipping the dragon and looping instead back toward our cabin on the other side of Murphy.  First a trip back to the dragon store, because I had gotten dragon stickers for my motorcycle helmet, that I put on Ron's helmet by mistake.  Had to go back to get more for my helmet.  The clouds blocked our view from the skyway most of the morning, but since this ride is over 50 miles long, I still got some great shots toward the end when the clouds finally cleared.  We definitely want to come back to do this ride again… great views plenty of curves for the bikes, and ample pull offs with picnic tables and bathrooms.  Back at the cottage our last soak in the hot tub was uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment