Friday, November 22, 2013

Nov22Art

Another continuous line drawing, this time of my left hand, and my wedding ring. I still love our wedding rings, with sailboats on the ocean cast in the gold.
All week tv has been full of shows about President Kennedy's assassination, I was in the 7th grade in the library when the principal came in to tell us the President had been shot and they were sending us all home.  My mother came and picked me up from school and we drove to Northside High School to pick up my older brother Gene, I remember it was a Friday and all the church bells in Atlanta were ringing, it was very spooky and quiet.  We were glued to the tv, which stayed on the news for 3 days.  Back then there were only the 3 networks ABC, NBC, and CBS… no cable, no CNN, no 24 hour coverage… but they covered this non stop. The entire nation mourned Kennedy's passing much as they mourned the people killed in the twin towers on 9/11/2001/. Sad that the only time we can mend our differences is when tragedy strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment