Friday, June 7, 2013

Online Journaling Class


I'm taking an online class about journaling in Charleston SC... since I live in Charleston I'm hoping to do some on location drawings during this class.

Next lesson, draw the oldest building still standing in Charleston... the Pink house, started life in the 'red light' district as a bar/brothel... in modern times it was an art gallery... today hard times find it boarded up and for sale.





 I do LOVE the window boxes in Charleston, and I like the idea of combining the best parts of different ones to create a fantasy window.  Again, now that I've posted it I see I forgot to stipple the bricks... I always seem to forget that part. I went back to my pen to draw the awning and window... but only used the brush on the flowers... baby steps for me :-)

I'm so behind in this class and with my trip to Atlanta next weekend, I need to get as much done as a can before the class is over on the 17th.
Final lesson page... I have REALLY enjoyed this class and learned so much. Sad it is almost over now.


5 comments:

  1. Since I haven't been to Charleston, I look forward to visiting it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a charming city, I'm looking forward to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be able to teach them a thing or two about journaling Elaine!! Have you never thought about running a class yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Judith... I honestly haven't ever considered running a class... I consider myself a beginner... I enjoy it a lot but don't feel confident enough to teach a class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just what I thought... when I was first asked to take a class I spoke without thinking, jumped in and said yes..... then reality hit me and I thought OMG what have I just done!! A few months later with lots of regrets for saying yes, I actually did it and loved it... who knows what you could do!!

    ReplyDelete