Thursday, June 6, 2013

June06Art


Tropical storm Andrea has been dumping water on us for two days now... tomorrow she should be over our heads dumping even more rain and wind.  Not a hurricane but an annoyance none the less.
D-Day today, watching the Military channel shows about that day.  My Dad was on those beaches... he never talked about it when we were kids.  When the movie 'Saving Private Ryan' came out, he did talk about it and said he thought that movie was the closest thing he'd ever seen to what it was like that day.  We all owe a lot to that generation of brave men... if you know a veteran I hope you thanked him today.

2 comments:

  1. The blowing trees are fantastic Elaine. I had an immediate visual.
    Hope the rain ends sooner than later.

    I haven't seen 'Saving Private Ryan' but now I'd like to. We do owe a lot to that generation of men. I'm grateful your father fought for us, for his country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have THAT much wind... you know how us artists like to exaggerate.. LOL
    I'd highly recommend 'Saving Private Ryan'... after my Dad enjoyed it so much, I went to see it. It's an old movie now, might be able to find it cheap, or rent it maybe.

    ReplyDelete