Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oct27Art


Ran errands all morning while Sandy dumped rain on us.  These brown birds in the parking lot caught my eye and I came home to google them and find out what they are... brown headed cow birds.  Not many cows around here.  In the grocery store parking lot they were fighting over some bits of crackers on the ground... bold birds not afraid of people at all.
Beautiful sunset tonight... Sandy is done dumping water on us and headed to New Jersey ... stay safe up there.

3 comments:

  1. Glad Sandy has departed and the brown headed cowbirds cleaned up the parking lot--one question: are there red and green and blue headed cowbirds? I don't know much arout birds--or cows. I like your style--direct. You have an excellent sense of placement for your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I don't know about different colored cow birds... but wouldn't that be something to see? I'm learning how to deal with this landscape format journal, I LOVE the paper... not crazy about the orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure looks like you're adapting though.

    I was just joking about the bird. I figured if bird people called that bird the brown headed cowbird, then there might be other colored cowbirds? The joke probably needs a rewrite. Anyway, thank you for becoming a follower. I appreciate your support and it's a pleasure to
    give you mine.

    Dan Kent had some complimentary things to say about you. So I came to take a look.

    ReplyDelete