Friday, September 2, 2011

Sep02Art

Congressman Tim Scott told us last night about a private school in Charleston, that is having great success with 'at risk' children. The parents are required to work at the school to pay part of their tuition, as well as to make sure the kids do their homework. The school feeds the kids, Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and sends them home with food for the weekends, because hungry children can't study. They have after school program for the kids as well ... they have been very successful, with the kids testing in the top 10% in reading, math and science in the state. I talked with my husband about it, and I'm going to volunteer to teach an art class at the school in the afternoons. I don't know if they will accept me or not, but I hope they do... then again, I'm scared that I don't really know how to deal with a room full of kids.. but I'm willing to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment