Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct25Art

Oct26Art




My hands down favorite Halloween candy was candy corn, loved those tri-colored candies. My grandmother would keep bowls full of them at her house all of October and almost until Christmas, in spite of me hitting those bowls hard whenever I could. I'm a type II Diabetic and so not allowed to have sugar, and mostly I don't miss it... UNTIL Halloween when these cute fellows (and the pumpkin shaped ones too) start hanging out near the check out stand... it is torture to stand in the check out line, drooling at the memory of these sweet treats...

3 comments:

  1. What a cute drawing, Ealine!
    And, by the way: what's that candy made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUGAR... pure sugar... I think it is uniquely American, I sent some to a friend of mine in South Africa, she had never seen anything like it... I will see if I can find out other ingredients of this sugary treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVEEEEEE Candy Corn! Fortunately, I'm not diabetic, but unfortunately, when I eat it, I consume the entire bag. Talk about getting sick! YIKES!! So I don't buy it since I can't control myself. Wahhh.
    Love your drawing!

    ReplyDelete