Friday, March 19, 2010

Mar19Art


Mar19Art, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

This is a little family story, I just had to save for my grandchildren to enjoy years from now. I doubt there will be Tonka trucks in the future, there are no trucks like my brothers had even now... they were tough, metal, indestructible... today they are mostly plastic. My brother is very creative and artistic today, he actually sells his art work... I thought he'd be a writer or a lawyer, or maybe a politician... he can spin a story.

2 comments:

  1. Did anyone ever find out how he actually got the Tonka smashed? I love his story-- I think being stepped on by an elephant would be about the only way one of those old Tonkas could be smashed, LOL. My brother had tons of those trucks and backhoes and stuff. They were played hard-- real dirt, stayed outside all the time, tough treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't really know.. I assume a car ran over it... figure he left it behind a car and someone backed over it.

    ReplyDelete