Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nov18Art


Nov18Art, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

Lola wanted to know what I do for a living... I'm a computer programmer.. the old fashioned kind. I know all the 'new' stuff like HTML, Perl, C++, XML but nobody will hire an old woman to do those things... and I can still find a bit of work, doing the work the kids just out of school can't do... and it keeps me in plenty of paint and paper and in it's own way is a creative outlet as well... I LIKE my job and the work that I do is rewarding.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, if it buys the paper and pencils and fun stuff, and you like it. . .it's all good! Wish I had a technical skill of some sort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it keeps you in supplies then cool :)) I think hubby is a SQL programmer or something along those lines. ((grin)) I know, I should pay more attention..LOL

    We got a Indian Ringneck Parakeet (sshhhh - don't tell a soul yet...LOL) He/she is still very much a baby which requires feeding 3 X a day. He/she is too cute.

    Must really take pics and put on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband learned Cobol years and years ago. I didn't think it was used anymore. I guess that shows what I know about computers. I just turn mine on and hope it works.

    ReplyDelete