Thursday, February 13, 2014

Feb13Art

Everything closed down again today, lots of people lost power but ours stayed faithfully on.  Got a box of art supplies from Cheap Joe's today, including a tube of Winsor & Newton Raw Sienna.  They used to be white tubes, now the tube is silver (bare aluminum) with a clear sticker on it with the paint color and name etc.  I suppose this makes there manufacturing process a tab bit cheaper since they get to skip the step of painting the tube white, I do wish they'd used a white label, it is hard to read the color name on the tube, I may print my own label for it so that I can tell what's what without a magnifying glass.

4 comments:

  1. I hear that they are changing the tubes after so many complaints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow… that's quick, this is my first one, so I really wasn't aware they'd changed to this until this tube arrived yesterday. Good news that they've decided it was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can't afford to add white paint to a tube of...paint? That sounds pretty ironic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Times are hard money is tight...even the paint makers are cutting corners on paint. Thanks for popping in Daniel

    ReplyDelete