Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dec07Art

Pearl Harbor Day, was the defining day in history for Americans of my father's generation.  Not many survivors from WWII around these days,  Ron's father passed before we met, my Dad passed about 10 years ago.  His Dad fought in the Pacific theater, my Dad was on the beaches in Normandy on "D-Day".  I don't know James Metcalf, but his picture on the internet at a memorial service in Pearl Harbor caught my eye today.  It's a shame I don't do people very well, but I had to try.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this! Well done and a fitting tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, Pearl Harbor Day was always remembered when I was a kid, my Dad made sure his kids remembered… it worked I remember every Dec 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This portrait of yours really caught my eye in my blogger feed. I think you did an excellent job! Very impressive.

    Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes Pamo, I was my Daddy's girl for sure… and thanks for the complement on the portrait. I'm wanting to get better at doing people this year.

    ReplyDelete