Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dec04Art

When I was young, my cousin Barbara Baker and I would spend time with our Aunt Rose and Uncle Bob at their mountain cabin in near Blue Ridge Georgia.  I remember singing this song in the car as we rode over the mountain roads to get there.  It was quite the adventure, the cabin had a fabulous all the way around porch, no indoor plumbing just an actual two hole outhouse.  We got water from a well and boiled it in one of those huge black cauldron's (like they picture with witches at Halloween) first went in the whites, to wash, then colors, which we hung on the line to dry after wringing them out in the wringer.  Finally, Uncle Bob would wedge the cauldron off the fire and Barbara and I would bathe in the left over water.  I do cherish the memories of those simple times and fun with my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment