Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mar03Art

Mar03Art
The blue is Manganese Blue Hue.. (PB15) that I got from Dick Blick today. The red is Permanent Rose that I had on my desk for a rose painting I'm working on... well I'm thinking about working on it, the rose is finished, but I can't decide whether to do a lavender, or grey, or green background for a red rose... and so the painting sits waiting for me to decide. I have a drawing of strawberries on my desk too... did I work on it today? No I did not... today, I packed and repacked my CheapJoe's workshopper tote, my new hand*book larger watercolor sketchbook fits in the back pocket, a few brushes in the slots provided, which ones to take, which to leave home... my plastic palette is included, along with certain other things I don't think I can sketch without. I have another bag full of paint tubes (to refill the palette if needed) other heavy stuff that I won't carry out, my heavy metal palette is in there along with my travel brushes and spare water container. So that's it two bags for art stuff. I'm still waffling on whether to carry some 11x14 300lbs paper and my artboard... or to leave that home and just throw a watercolor block in there. Then I think... I'm not taking a chair, so I won't really be able to do a big painting... so save the weight and just carry the sketchbook... since I'm going to be lugging this around walking to any place I might want to sketch... I'm over thinking this I know.. thoughts of an artist on a rainy Saturday evening.. Tomorrow I will finish the rose... FOR SURE.... and this is sort of my homework for the Kate Johnson class I'm taking.

2 comments:

  1. lovely colors - are you doing her Strathmore class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Julie, the online Strathmore class that started 3/1

    ReplyDelete