Monday, April 26, 2010

Art26Art


Art26Art, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

First I noticed the white exclamation point.. that is an egret from a distance... 15 stories below us... it was the size of a punctuation mark, a spot of white among the yellows, greens and purples of the marsh grasses and the water in and around the grasses... and then I noticed the people... OMG what are they doing out there... must have been tourists from the hotel across the way... no native would have WALKED into that marsh... gators abound in these marshes.. and snakes and... well... take a Carolina skiff (a flat bottom boat) but don't WALK out there... The Lord watches over fools and Irishmen they say... and so he must have been watching over these folks... at least while I was there...

1 comment:

  1. Lucky tourists-- those must be well fed 'gators, LOL.

    The exclamation egret is a wonderful description of the scope of the view. It made me picture the scene in my mind, except that I am scared of heights and would only be looking at what part of the view could be seen from the inside wall farthest away from the window ;-)

    ReplyDelete