Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dec02Art


Dec02Art, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

What's with the fire hydrant you might wonder... ok, here's the story... I really admire the artists that do urban sketches of buildings ... and I fancied trying to draw the building across the street from the range while I was waiting in my car... but there were school buses in the way, and buses are hard enough to draw, and there were funny looking young palmetto trees planted too close to the building and, and, and... it was too much so I sat there looking at it, thinking I can't do this... it's too much... and while my inner critic is beating me up... I notice the fire hydrant between me and the street... I've painted it much nicer looking than that rusting old thing was... but it seemed a doable drawing... and there it is.

1 comment: