Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Warning! Angry GRIPE follows....

I'm annoyed, I'm very annoyed, ok I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore..... I'm a member of two competing art web forums... the two groups are squaring off... a big discussion ensued... and MY COMMENTS on the issue were DELETED!!! WTF... That really makes me mad... so here's what I think for the whole world to see it... and NOBODY is going to delete this one...
Site number 1 started by artist Bob Davies http://www.idrawandpaint.com
Site number 2 started by artist Frank Clarke http://www.simplypainting.com
Both sites use the same software... some people think this mean Frank copied Bob... FOLKS it's the forum software they are using... people who start forums select the software they like... for my Jeep forum I chose software similar to WetCanvas (PHPBB2) I didn't COPY WetCanvas.. I used the same software to create my forum... that's all, no BIG DEAL.
Some people on both sites are complaining about what's going on on the other one... well DUH????
In the glass artist world, the 2 big dogs are Lampworketc and WetCanvas... they complain about each other all the time... and yes a lot of people are members of both... SO WHAT?

My final comment was... it is just paint on paper get over it!!!

Now my final comment is... want to make ME angry? delete my forum posts.. want to know what I think... check here.

4 comments:

  1. Gripe on, sister, gripe on! I have learned so much and met so many nice people on the glass forum I visit most often. . .but who gives a crap who visits where, really?? I'm sure it's the same thing for other forums. Different subjects, but still occupied by humans. . .and too often those humans let their panties get in a twist over stuff that really doesn't matter. I am sorry your opinions got deleted, though. That would indeed make me aggravated to the nth degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Angela said.... (big grin)

    Deleting opinions sucks big time!!!

    Gripe on................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited your site for the first time and I really like your water colour work! I cant seem to do much with water colours...but I havent really tried or bought any instructional information...what do you suggest, itomething I've always wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again! I live about 1/2 a mile from where angelinabeadalina grew up...she and Norm (my better half) grew up together and are more like family than his own family! We live in Cecilia - HEAVEN ON EARTH I call it! I'll check out those books you recommended and see what I can do...maybe if they are good enough I'll post what I've done..also gonna check out the sites in your gripe post (U go girl)....going to Michaels before the week is up to stock up on my painting supplies! cant wait! Thanks for the compliments on my drawings...I commented back on my site, but wanted to say thanks in case you didnt see it...by the way I babble!

    ReplyDelete