Thursday, July 31, 2008

July31Art


July31Art, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

I bought a new Toshiba laptop this year with Vista on it.... Vista was and/is such an annoying slow operating system I tried to have it taken off and XP put on my laptop but it couldn't be done... I was told by the folks at Toshiba that I needed to accept Vista and get over it.... so I packed up that laptop and but it in the closet... I'm over it... I'm going to buy a Mac, after 35 years of using Microsoft products I'm done... I moving on to something else... now I just need to decide what I want a Mac Book Pro or an iMac? Anybody have an opinion?

4 comments:

  1. It's apples and oranges. Do you want a desk top or a laptop?

    I really need my iMac for doing photo editing, just can't get used to the difference in how a screen can change on a laptop when you put it at different angles.

    I plan on buying a MacBook Pro as soon as I get a check for my house. That's going to be my one splurge. Love the portability factor and using it in bed.

    You can be crazy and self indulged like me and have both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, my dream is for a Mac. Would I ever be able to get it past that Microsoft loving man of mine. Not sure. Sigh!! LOL

    I love that ultra thin one. It's gorgeous!! Okay, I have too much stuff on my wish list. I need to go and melt glass to make money.

    ttfn

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently doubled the memory in my Vista-running Gateway laptop and that certainly perked it up. Have you tried increasing the memory to run Vista? For about $60 you can add another Gig of RAM. . . .

    Before I added the RAM I was thinking of investing in a MacBook. I thought that notion would go away with my Gateway running more efficiently. However, the siren call of a new MacBook and the opportunity to learn its software and to use the i suite for creating DVDs and Garage Band for making original scores still is tempting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would recommend a macbook with an external monitor. it's going to be my setup soon. the macbook for portability and the monitor for viewing things larger in my studio.

    you should consider a macbook pro if you plan to do high end graphic work and video editing else you should find the macbook good enough... for a few years : ) hope that helps. ujwala (edm)

    ReplyDelete