Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Sketching Now Watercolour

Liz Steele has a new #SketchingNowWatercolour class starting in January.  I'm on the waiting list for this class, and a pre-class assignment was to sketch my palette colors.  Liz's colors differ from mine a bit,  instead of Potter's Pink I have Schmincke Brown Madder,  I have Winsor&Newton Raw Sienna instead of Monte Awasta Natural Sienna - which I have on order from Dick Blick.  Instead of Transparent Red Oxide I have Quinacridone Burnt Orange, and I have Transparent Brown Oxide with Burnt Umber on order, Dick Blick is out of VanDyke Brown that Liz uses.  I have Schmincke Translucent Orange, instead of Transparent Pyroll Orange.  Finally, I use Holbein's Verditer Blue instead of Cerulean Blue.  Most of my paints contain the same pigments Liz's paints do,  and she did say we should use the paints we already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment