Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Start of our HOG Rally trip... or why we didn't get to Atlanta April 5

Headed to Atlanta, made it to Columbia SC when the skies opened up and it started to pour down rain.  When I turned off the camera, I didn't know that just ahead we'd run into knee deep rushing water.  Lucky Ron didn't fall, as his bike got turned sideways by the water, I was pushed a bit, my only concern was the bike stalling, someone behind us ramming into us because they couldn't stop in the deep water either.  We managed to get out of the deep end and up on a hill pulled into a gas station and started calling motels, to find a room for the night.  We found one only 3 miles down the road and called it a day.

 


I managed a simple drawing that night, but didn't draw anything the rest of the trip, but I did write down our trials and tribulations.  On the good side, we stayed safe, had some great fun, met some good people and enjoyed the riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment