Monday, June 20, 2011

Jun20Art





I bought some canvas panels 8x10 at Michaels and put one coat of Watercolor ground on them. I tried last night to paint a wet-n-wet sunrise sky, so yellows, crimson and cobalt blue... it looked pretty good wet.. and I do know that watercolor dries lighter... but this dried so light you could barely tell there was color at all... so I applied another coat of the same colors... we'll see what it looks like once it's dry but I do believe I should have used more than one coat of the ground... because it isn't working like I thought it would.

1 comment:

  1. Well Elaine, one of the reasons it's not working is because your painting watercolor on canvas.. Acrylic, oil , good on canvas... Watercolor,? It might be a bit unconventional if that's what your wanting .. but you need to use watercolor paper.. It dries lighter on paper also...
    You probably already know all this and I'm just sticking my two cents in.. Ok , I'm outta here! BJ

    ReplyDelete