Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sep11Art

For my Mom and Dad it was Pearl Harbor Day... I can remember my Dad waking me up saying 'Get up, it's Pearl Harbor Day'...he wanted to remember, and he wanted his children to remember. In much the same way I want everyone to remember 9/11. I am sad that the wound is still so raw, would it be so raw still if the site wasn't still just 2 holes in the ground? Did the terrorists win? Have they broken our spirit? Is that why they think it is fitting to build the Cordoba Mosque at Ground Zero... would people be so upset about that if two shining towers stood today instead of nothing? I'm not a New Yorker, so I don't have a dog in this fight, and I do agree that the Imam has a legal right to build anything he wants, wherever he wants...it isn't his fault that the site is empty is it?

3 comments:

  1. We must remember. Such a complicated issue. I think just because you have the right doesn't make it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Americans, we will never forget. We grow stronger. I agree with you, everyone has a right to practice whatever religion or where ever they choose. That is what this country stands for FREEDOM!


    All the best to you.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not American but I'll never forget that sad day. Spaniards lived a similar situation (Atocha train 11-March). Terrible sad in our hearts. I wish it won't repeat again....never :(

    ReplyDelete