Sunday, January 3, 2010

Canoe


Canoe, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

I used the photo located here...http://www.flickr.com/photos/aquagloriacouture/4203667192/ as the reference for this painting....
Now the struggles with this... it is 9x12 on what I thought was a piece of Arches 140 lbs watercolor paper... I really struggled trying to get a wet n wet effect and didn't figure out what the problem was until I tried to remove the paper from the block... turns out I have painted this on the cardboard backing for the block (which is white on Arches blocks)... which explains my difficulty.. and makes me feel like the village idiot right now.... but there it is...

1 comment:

  1. I love this one. Particularly the light coming in from the right. Very peaceful. Reminds me of being out in the canoe with my dad when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete