Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sep09Art

Last one, well the last one I'm planning to rearrange and draw for the next month or so... I love this plastic palette, it is small, light weight and holds a lot of colors, there is room for 4 more half pans. This box comes set up for whole or half pans, my box is the half pan box, you can see pictures of it here.. flic.kr/p/bQUR84
In that picture you can see my travel brushes in the area that I have now used to add 4 more half pans. Folded up this palette is 4" wide by 5" long, some people have covered the thumb whole and added more paint pans there. While I love having lots of colors to choose from, sometime too many choices leaves me wondering what to use and I end up using the same colors over and over anyway. I am easily influenced by others, so all it takes for me to buy/try a new color or brush is to attend a workshop, or watch a video... and I've gotta have that color. Could be the reason I have so many palettes too.

2 comments:

  1. lol, I love all the colors and palettes! Keep on drawing and rearranging :) I can empathize, except my obsession is collecting acrylics instead of watercolors. Some of those names of watercolors practically make me drool, though... and that quinacridone magenta you mentioned made me think of this delicious red I just collected on my last trip to Michael's. It's a quinacridone, but can't remember if it had magenta in the name. It is gorgeous. I still get the Cheap Joe's emails, but I am addicted to using a coupon at Michaels so I can open the tube and look at the color before I buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Michael's here over prices all their paint and brushes, so I very, very rarely buy paint there and they don't have the brands I like anyway. I do like their 50% coupons and snagged a light box for half price... saved $90+ on that purchase. I shop Cheap Joes, Dick Blick and Daniel Smith... usually wait for free shipping offers. Daniel Smith's water colors are excellent, he also makes acrylics.. so you might want to try a tube to see if you like them.

    ReplyDelete