Saturday, August 6, 2011

Aug06Art

We're have a 'tax free' weekend for people buying school supplies. The Goose Creek 9-12 group is participating in a program called 'Stuff the Bus', where people fill a back pack with school supplies for needy children. So I shopped today for supplies for 2 kids, 1st and 2nd grade... boy do I feel for parents that may be struggling or have more than one child to buy supplies for... it was a LOT more expensive than I remembered from when my daughter was little. I got myself a yellow pencil case, has a carabiner on the side. I already have a black one this size that my travel palette fits inside with my travel brushes. This new one I put some of my pens, markers and my small gouache palette.
My heart goes out to the families of those 31 soldiers killed in Afghanistan this morning... such a tragic loss of American's finest young men. Say a prayer for them and for the soldiers still fighting in the dessert heat this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment