Tuesday, August 4, 2009

KiawahIsland1


KiawahIsland1, originally uploaded by CaptElaine.

9x12 Strathmore 140 cold press Watercolor spiral pad...I'm not particularly happy with this one... it was the 'test' work before the 'real' work... I'm not that pleased with the sky on the 'real' one yet either... so I may end up doing this three times. I did watch a Sterling Edwards video on doing sunsets today... so I now know what I've done wrong on both paintings... and have a plan for the third one... I am pleased with the Palmetto tree, I've been practicing painting them and I think I've got a method of doing them now that looks pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. I think the colors in this are just lovely. Will watch for the final piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why you wouldn't be pleased with this one! Colors are divine, and the tree is magnificant!

    ReplyDelete